This salad seriously has some of my FAVORITE things! Who doesn’t love bacon and Brussels?! Just because the warmer weather is starting to drift away doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy our nutrient filled salads!
- 4 cups thinly sliced kale
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, thinly sliced*
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup roasted pecan, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp. diced red onion
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine kale and brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Add in the bacon, pecans, and Pecorino cheese.
- In a spouted glass cup or a mason jar, combine garlic, onion, mustard, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together until everything is well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the salad and gently toss everything together. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrients for 2 cups of salad (1/4th of the recipe): Calories: 314; Total Fat: 24.8g; Saturated Fat: 5.1g; Cholesterol: 12mg; Carbohydrate: 17.4g; Dietary Fiber: 5.4; Sugars: 2.8; Protein: 10.2g