Are you tired of feeling like you have to choose between getting lean and building muscle? Think you can't do both at the same time?
Think again — you can!
With the right workouts and approach, you can build muscle while also getting rid of excess body fat. These tried and tested routines are proven to be effective for reaching fitness goals of both loss and gain.
Resistance training might be just what you need to take your workouts to the next level. Not only is it one of the most effective ways to build muscle, but it's also a lot of fun! You won’t be able to resist them. (Pun intended.)
Here are some reasons why resistance training should be a part of your workout routine:
- Builds muscle mass: By incorporating exercises that work multiple muscle groups, such as squats, deadlifts, and bench presses, you'll be able to build muscle while burning fat.
- Increases metabolism: Resistance training helps increase your metabolism, which means you'll burn more calories throughout the day.
- Improves bone density: Resistance training helps improve bone density, which can help prevent future issues.
- Boosts mood and energy: Exercise releases endorphins, which are natural mood boosters, and helps increase energy levels throughout the day.
- Increases strength and endurance: Resistance training helps increase strength and endurance, which can help you perform everyday tasks with ease and prevent injuries.
So, what are you waiting for? Incorporate resistance training into your workout routine and start reaping the benefits today!
High-intensity interval training, or HIIT, has taken the fitness world by storm — and for good reason.
Here's why HIIT workouts are living up to the hype:
- Burns fat: HIIT workouts are designed to push your body to its limits, which means you'll burn more calories in less time.
- Builds muscle: HIIT workouts incorporate resistance exercises, which help build muscle while burning fat.
- Increases metabolism: HIIT workouts help increase your metabolism, which means you'll burn more calories throughout the day.
- Increases endurance: HIIT workouts are designed to push your limits, which means you'll increase your endurance over time.
- Saves time: HIIT workouts are typically shorter than traditional workouts, but just as effective. This makes them a great option for people who are short on time but still want to see results.
Here are some HIIT exercises you can “jump” into:
- Jump squats
- Mountain climbers
- High knees
- Jumping lunges
Try them out and watch as your body transforms. Remember to listen to your body and take breaks as needed, HIIT workouts can be intense — but worth the sweat!
Ready to shake things up with circuit training?
This fun and challenging workout style involves moving from one exercise to the next with little to no rest in between.
I know, I know… it sounds intense. But you’ve got a lot to gain when you push through these super beneficial workouts.
Here's some pros to consider:
- Builds endurance: By pushing your limits and constantly moving, you'll increase your stamina over time.
- Burns fat: By keeping your heart rate up and incorporating resistance exercises, you'll burn more calories in less time.
- Builds muscle: By combining cardio and resistance training, you'll be able to sculpt your body and build strength.
- Fun and challenging: You'll never get bored with circuit training. There are endless exercises and combinations to try.
Give this sample circuit training round a try :
- Jumping jacks
Do each exercise for 30 seconds with little to no rest in between. Rest for 1 minute after completing all exercises, then repeat the circuit 3-4 times.
You’ll feel like a true champ when you’re done!
Remember, fitness is a journey — not a destination. It takes time, patience, and consistency to see results.
But with resistance training, HIIT workouts, and circuit training in your arsenal, you can make progress and reach your goals faster than you thought possible.
So, take a deep breath, put on your best workout clothes, and get ready to sweat. You’ve got this!